Re: [Harp-L] Chaka Khan I Feel for You

Hi Seishi,

Welcome to Harp-L and nice to have you aboard, what country are you writing
us from?

Thank You for the info...I think if you used a B Chrom 270....it would work
nicely on this Chaka (Prince) tune in F# or I also like Michael Rubin's idea
to us a C# (Db) Chrom (do they still make these?).

   Smo-Joe...thank you so much for the kind words on my work....I think we
all have that ability to MOVE people with our playing...it's just finding
the right song and arrangement and then the harp speaks from the HEART.

   I also had the good fortune like Bonfiglio did of working with The late
Great Producer, Arif Mardin (he wanted a STEVIE type solo on a Roberta Flack
record)...Arif was an amazing producer and a 'sweet man' to work for...the
tune I played on is "Unforgettable" on her 'Set the Night to Music' CD, it's
a duet between Roberta Flack and Maxi Priest.

 They were really going for synth type sound so I hated the way they ended
us mixing the CD and my solo....but when you do studio work for other artist
you don't have ANY control over the MIX!,-)

  Another interesting STEVIE type session was one I did for Whitney Houston.
They wanted to remake Stevie's 'I was made to love her' and had me play the
intro lick note for note and it sounded cool as I did it live with a band.
But, then Lauryn Hill the producer (fugees) remixed it as a Hip Hop groove
And remove the band and had my lick over Voices and Bass under a MINOR
groove as opposed to the original MAJOR key we recorded it in....WOW!!!
Oh well, as I say the daily pains of session work!,-))

  Long Story short, session work can be fun but at times quite challenging
so be READY for anything and as Tommy Morgan has taught us...go IN with a
FULL arsenal of harps,-) Good luck to all....

  All the best,
Rob Paparozzi
www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

On 5/10/08 8:42 AM, "遠谷 政史" <s-toya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, everyone. I'm new to this group.
>
> I've been a big fan of Stevie Wonder for a long long time, and I know
> that
> he uses chromatic in C(Super 64X recently) and sometimes B(Frank
> Huang's handmade chromatic).
>
> Seishi Toya

All the best,
Rob Paparozzi

email:
chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob’s My Space (check for upcoming Gigs!)
http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

Rob’s Session Sites:
http://www.esession.com
http://www.sessionplayers.com